Reader's Digest "Dream Kitchen Sweepstakes"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Reader's Digest Dream Kitchen Sweepstakes (#751) ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association ("Reader's Digest" or "Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes begins on April 4, 2015 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on August 31, 2015, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("Sweepstakes Period).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families) of Sponsor, The A Team LLC ("Administrator"), and each of its respective parents, distributors, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising & marketing agencies, and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Methods of Entry:
There are two (2) methods of entry into the Sweepstakes:
1.) Course Enrollment: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting www.tohcookingschool.com/sweepstakes and following the
on-screen instructions to enroll in a cooking class. A valid credit card is required to enroll in a class. Once enrollment is complete, and you agree to these Official Rules ("Enrollment Entry"), you receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per person and per email address, per day, regardless of method of entry. In order to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, Enrollment Entry or Free Entry must be completed by August 31, 2015, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. If entry is via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
2.) Without Course Enrollment: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may also enter the Sweepstakes for free by visiting www.tohcookingschool.com/sweepstakes, clicking the button labeled, "Enter Only," and completing the entry form with your full name, mailing address and email address and agree to these Official Rules. Upon submission of the completed form ("Free Entry"), you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
No mechanical submission of entries is permitted. No sharing of email addresses or use of multiple addresses or accounts is allowed. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. WINNER SELECTION
Selection of Monthly Winners: A series of five (5) separate monthly drawings will be held, as described in the Monthly Drawing Schedule chart below. All non-winning entries in each Monthly Drawing remain eligible for any subsequent Monthly Drawing(s). In each Monthly Drawing, winner will be selected in a random drawing by an independent judging organization from among all eligible entries received in the applicable Monthly Drawing period ("Monthly Drawing Period") or previous Monthly Drawing Period set forth in the Monthly Drawing Schedule. Each valid entry also is eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
Selection of Grand Prize Winner:The Grand Prize Drawing will be held on or about September 7, 2015, from among all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, to award the one (1) Grand Prize listed below. Winners of the monthly prizes described in the preceding section are also eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Potential winners in each drawing will be notified by mail and/or email on or around the dates set forth in the Monthly Drawing Schedule using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
Each potential winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance. If all such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within fourteen (14) days of initial contact attempt, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, all required documents must be signed by the minor's parent or legal guardian or prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, in Sponsor's discretion.
Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules which are final and binding in all respects.
One (1) Grand Prize available: Culinary merchandise with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $50,000, or a check in the amount of $50,000, or a combination of both a check and culinary merchandise with a combined value of $50,000, to be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion. ARV of the Grand Prize is $50,000.
Five (5) Monthly Prizes available(one for each monthly drawing): Each monthly prize consists of culinary merchandise with an ARV of $500, or a gift card in the amount of $500 from a retailer of the Sponsor's choice, to be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any gift cards awarded are subject to the terms posted thereon and the policies of the retailer. Total ARV of all available Monthly Prizes: $2,500. Please see Monthly Drawing Schedule below for details.
Total ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes: $52,500. The ARV of each prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. All prizes will be awarded.
|Monthly Drawing Schedule|
|1||April 3, 2015||April 30, 2015||May 6, 2015|| May 13, 2015|
|2||May 1, 2015||May 31, 2015||June 5, 2015||June 12, 2015|
|3||June 1, 2015||June 30, 2015 ||July 6, 2015||July 13, 2015|
|4||July 1, 2015 ||July 31, 2015||August 6, 2015||August 13, 2015|
|5||August 1, 2015||August 31, 2015||September 7, 2015 ||September 14, 2015|
Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes, and time, for all purposes relevant to the Sweepstakes, is measured based on Eastern Time.
Winners are solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prizes by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize, in whole or in part, for another prize of comparable or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person and per email address per prize level. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning in any Monthly Drawing depend on the aggregate number of entries received from the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period until the entry deadline for that drawing, but are estimated at 1: 170,000; odds of winning in the Grand Prize Drawing depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, but are estimated at 1: 850,000.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Administrator, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes by posting a notice on www.tohcookingschool.com/sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, garbled, or damaged entries. The Administrator will be the sole judge of which entries are valid and its decision is final and binding. Entering the Sweepstakes and accepting the prize constitutes permission to use the name, place of residence (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness of the prize winner for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and their advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the "Sweepstakes Entities") from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to mobile devices, computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible, garbled, damaged or postage due entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) these Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in the state of New York, and each entrant expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
7. CONSUMER INFORMATION/LIST OF WINNERS: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, or you wish to receive a list of winners, specify your request and send to: Reader's Digest Dream Kitchen Sweepstakes (#751), PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Request for list of winners must be received by October 1, 2015.
Sponsor: The Reader's Digest Association, Inc., 44 South Broadway, 7th Floor, White Plains, New York 10601
Administrator: The A Team L.L.C., 232 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
|Prize||Retail Value||# of Prizes||Odds||Final Closing Date(s)|
Grand Prize: Culinary merchandise with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $50,000, or a check in the amount of $50,000, or a combination of both a check and culinary merchandise with a combined value of $50,000, to be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion.||
$50,000||1||1 : 850,000*||8/31/15|
|Monthly Prizes: Culinary merchandise with an ARV of $500, or a gift card in the amount of $500 from a retailer of the Sponsor's choice, to be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion.||$500||5||1 : 170,000*||Month 1: 4/30/15
Month 2: 5/31/15
Month 3: 6/30/15
Month 4: 7/31/15
Month 5: 8/31/15
* Odds of winning in any monthly drawing depend on the aggregate number of entries received from the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period until the entry deadline for that drawing, but are estimated at 1: 170,000; odds of winning in the Grand Prize Drawing depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, but are estimated at 1: 850,000.
You Have Not Yet Won
All Entries Have The Same Chance Of Winning
No one will know who the winners are until after the end of each entry period. Entries are accepted until the Final Closing Date for the applicable entry period. See Official Rules for details.
Entry Is Free
You don't have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the Entry Form as directed to enter for a chance to win one of the prizes offered in Sweepstakes.
Buying Won't Help You Win
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.